Australia's most accessible, year round touring route The Legendary Pacific Coast (TLPC) is in the midst of an intense burst of global marketing including campaigns with leading wholesalers, distribution development and destination promotion in the UK, Germany, France, China, New Zealand, the USA, Malaysia and Singapore.
“For the past three years TLPC has been building brand awareness and representing destination and industry partners from the Central Coast to the Tweed. We are now consolidating success in these areas with campaigns designed to generate visitor expenditure in destinations along the length of the touring route” said TLPC Executive Officer, Ms Belinda Novicky.
“The Legendary Pacific Coast's International Marketing Specialist Russell Mills has led the charge with a busy first half of 2015. Current campaigns include:
- a cooperative campaign with global travel brand and youth travel specialist STA Travel promoting surfing, working holidays, road-trips and adventure via video and poster displays across 51 STA retail stores in the UK, digital advertising, blog and social media posts and newsletters to 1.8 million STA travel subscribers. These activities drive traffic to a campaign landing page currently on statravel.co.uk which generates 750,000 monthly page views.
- A cooperative campaign with Flight Centre UK leveraging off and extending the significant buzz generated from a Destination NSW's recent Suitcase Party in London
- A cooperative campaign with Destination NSW and Expedia New Zealand to encourage Kiwis to add a Legendary road trip to their next Sydney holiday
- An editorial series on legendary destinations, events, activities, accommodation and transport promoted to over 10,000 Chinese travel agents and their customers via the phenomenally popular social media channel We Chat.
- A cooperative campaign promoting hidden coastal and hinterland gems for motorhome and campervan travellers with major German travel wholesaler Der Touristik
These campaigns are supported with a year-long Trip Advisor campaign promoting 19 legendary destinations and industry partners YHA Australia, Choice Hotels, Hertz, Britz Maui, Gold Coast Airport, the Caravan and Camping Industry Association NSW and Australian Tourist Parks Management to global priority markets.
Alongside this consumer marketing activity, TLPC will have a significant presence at Australia's largest international travel trade event, the Australian Tourism Exchange in Melbourne from 22-25 June.
This follows TLPC's participation in trade missions to the UK, Germany and China in March and April to meet with leading wholesalers and conduct with agent training with over 500 frontline travel agents.
TLPC also attended Tourism Australia's Corroboree Europe retail training event held in Adelaide in late April to build destination and product knowledge and selling confidence amongst agents from the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Nordic countries, Switzerland and Belgium.
The flurry of trade and consumer marketing is reinforced with a TLPC Product Showcase in Sydney in July. A total of twenty-one delegates from overnight destinations including The Central Coast, Newcastle Port Stephens, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay and The Tweed will meet with Sydney-based Inbound Tour Operators to discuss distribution and promotional opportunities.
“TLPC has a mission to continually expand the range of export-ready product distributed in our priority markets,” said Mr Mills. “ We already have the greatest depth of choice of product of all Australian touring routes, but its important to keep our offering fresh by bringing new tourism businesses to the attention of travel distributors wherever we can.”